Halton Healthcare Posting #: 2017-809777
Position: Professional Practice Clinician
Departments: Maternal Child Program – Obstetrics
Hours: Primarily Days. Will require flexibility to meet staff needs, e.g. may need to work select evening, night or weekend hours for purposes of orientation and education.
Site: Oakville with educational responsibilities as required at Milton District and Georgetown Hospital sites
Halton Healthcare takes great pride in providing quality, compassionate healthcare services to our rapidly growing communities. As a progressive and vibrant healthcare organization, we are committed to being an innovative centre of excellence in community hospital care in the Halton and Peel Regions. We are a distinctive centre of healthcare excellence that offers first-rate care in an innovative environment that supports the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual needs of the community.
This is what you’ll be doing:
The Professional Practice Clinician (PPC) provides clinical, teaching and defined administrative support with priorities centering on clinical education for staff and/or patients to maximize the quality of care through integration of best practice within the Maternal Child Program. The PPC maintains a current knowledge base of evidence-based and best practice and/or research-based practice methods and standards, is an expert in adult learning and change management strategies, and fosters interprofessional collaborative practice. The PPC collaborates with the Program Director, Program Physician Chief, Patient Care Managers, Chief Nursing Officer, Professional Practice Director and fellow PPCs to plan, implement and evaluate activities related to staff and patient education. She/he develops, reviews and revises policies and procedures related to professional practice and clinical care, and provides supporting education and evaluation. The PPC also develops and monitors quality indicators within the program and actively participates in quality improvement activities.
As a member of the Office of Professional Practice, the PPC collaborates with other PPCs to plan and organize the Nursing Orientation Program, coordinates and assists with program quality management audits, conducts follow-up activities, and plans and implements educational initiatives at program and corporate levels. As a member of the Management Team, the PPC participates in organization-wide management activities.
The PPC facilitates and promotes staff to attain/retain recognized professional credentials as it relates to their positions in the Maternal Child Program. Advanced clinical expertise in caring for antepartum, intrapartum, post-partum women is required along with effective knowledge transfer, and program planning and evaluation skills. Superior interpersonal, coaching, change management and leadership skills to support interprofessional collaborative practice excellence within the Maternal Child program is essential.
This is what you’ll need to do it:
Halton Healthcare endeavors to hire individuals who are competent in their chosen profession and who exemplify our mission, vision and values of accountability, respect and compassion which guide our individual behaviours and attitudes.
- Current Registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario is required
- BScN or BN required
- Master Degree in Nursing, Education or Health Administration is preferred
- Current BCLS certification required at time of hire
- Membership in professional association is required
- Minimum of 3 years of recent relevant clinical experience is required
- Current NRP and fetal surveillance certification at time of hire and ongoing is required
- Completion of a breastfeeding certificate course is required
- Completion of MORE-OB™ is an asset
- NRP and fetal health surveillance in labour instructor designation is an asset
- Experience as an educator including the ability to design and deliver programs is an asset
- Demonstrated research skills is an asset
- Knowledge of standards of practice, nursing best practice guidelines and clinical management tools
- Strong interpersonal, communication and leadership skills
- Innovative, creative and professional role model
- Ability to prioritize/organize multiple projects with strict deadlines
- Ability to work autonomously
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio
- Able to meet the physical demands of the position
- Satisfactory employment and attendance record required
The ideal candidate is strong in patient centered care in a dynamic, rapidly changing environment and should be ready to drive change and innovation. We require a person with good communication skills with a clear patient focus with the ability to manage execution and to foster teamwork and cooperation.
Date Posted: August 31, 2017
Application Deadline for Internal Employees: September 7, 2017
We thank all those who apply but only those individuals selected for further consideration will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Halton Healthcare will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your accommodation needs to ensure your equal participation.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Halton Healthcare is a smoke free facility in and around all three sites. Smoking is not permitted on hospital properties. We thank everyone who works at or visits our hospitals for respecting this healthy initiative. We are also a scent-free environment for all employees and visitors to accommodate individuals’ health concerns arising from exposure to scented products, We ask for everyone's cooperation in our efforts to accommodate health concerns.