Senior Specialist, Sourcing - Contracts & Contractor Management
- Great way to join the Diavik team experience working with people from different cultures.
- Work at the Diavik Diamond Mine Inc. Corporate office, working a 5 days on, 2 days off rotation - Yellowknife
- Expectations for site travel and engagement - DDMI
Rio Tinto is a leading global mining and metals group that focuses on finding, mining, processing and marketing the earth's mineral resources. We have been in business for more than 140 years and remain focused on the long term. We're committed to sustainable and innovative ways to do business, deliver results and build a great work environment. It's how we grow - it's how you grow.
We are looking for a hi performing Senior Sourcing Specialist - Contracts & Contractor Management that will lead key contracting opportunities and work will business unit to ensure vendor performance against agreed contract terms, further identification of opportunities for contracts to be implemented or renegotiated in major spend categories. Individual will also assist department leaders in tracking performance against KPIs and reviewing charges from vendors for compliance with agreed contractual terms.
Rio Tinto Procurement provides supply chain services that deliver value to the Rio Tinto Group through the strategic sourcing and buying of goods and services for all operations and businesses. Playing a fundamental role, value is achieved through uniformed processes, e-technology, increased corporate social responsibility and measurable savings for the Group.
What the role entails
This role is a great opportunity for an enthusiastic individual who has a strong work ethic and who enjoys working in a team environment. Working a 5 days on, 2 off roster (with occasional travel to mine site) and reporting to the Manager, Service Delivery, you will be:
- Administer all major contracts for operational departments
- Review invoices from key suppliers to ensure compliance with contract scope and rates
- Will act in the role of Liaison between department managers and Contract Service Providers
- Work with department leaders to calculate Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and determine what bonus or penalty adjustments may be required.
- Ensure warranty and KPI issues are directed daily to the appropriate vendor
- Facilitate regular reviews of major spend categories to assess contract needs in those areas
- Assist in the development and monitoring of annual contract renewal and renegotiation schedules
What you will need for this role
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- Associates or Bachelor's Degree in Business or Engineering
- 5 years+ procurement experience and contract management.
- Strong demonstration of stakeholder management skills
- Experience working with and the delivery of complex contracts
- Strong organization, contract negotiation and analytical/problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and work independently in a results-oriented environment
- Experience working in the mining industry is an asset
We offer an attractive remuneration package including a range of Rio Tinto benefits, as well as the sought after opportunity to develop and expand upon your knowledge and experience with a world leader in the industry.
If you are looking for change, a new career and would like to work for a successful global organization, join us today.
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions.
If you would like to know more about careers at Rio Tinto, you can like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter or join us on LinkedIn.
Northern residency and experience working in a cross-cultural environment, coupled with knowledge of the unique challenges and opportunities presented to those living in the North, are assets. Hiring priority will be given to qualified applicants who are beneficiaries of the DDMI Participation Agreement Groups and to qualified applicants residing in the Northwest Territories and Nunavut Territories. Members must clearly identify their status on the online job application and resume if they wish to receive priority consideration.
Job Closes: September 20th 2017