On behalf of our client, Procom is actively seeking a Senior AWS Consultant who will assess, design and implement AWS solutions for the organizations clients. You will work closely with the AWS team on initiatives to interpret client needs, support the proposal and SOW creation process, develop solutions and implement based on strong hands on experience.
AWS Consultant Job Details
- Ensure the customer-first values are embodied in all client engagements
- Work in a team environment to achieve stated goals and objectives
- Subject matter expert taking on a consultative role as it pertains to AWS cloud adoption.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
- Responsible for or assisting with quoting, designing, and execution of AWS Professional Services solutions
- Responsible for creating the work artifacts associated with the Professional Services solutions and presenting such artifacts to the client
- Ensure that proposed solutions integrate within the clients overall IT environment and business strategy
- Retain responsibility for the clients' solution through implementation to operational readiness
AWS Consultant Mandatory Skills
- Hands-on experience with AWS in a professional or commercial setting.
- Experience and good understanding of core AWS services (e.g., EC2, EBS, RDS, Route 53, CloudFront, S3, IAM, VPC, etc.)
- Experience with migrating and managing Windows EC2 instances.
- Strong working knowledge of CloudFormation and associated tools.
- Exposure to Hybrid IT environments.
- Configuring and extending Active Directory into AWS.
- Using AWS connectivity and migration services such as VPNs, Direct Connect, Storage Gateway, etc
- Experience of Git/CodeCommit and DevOps concepts.
- Designing, deploying and managing an AWS multi-account structure.
- Knowledge and application of serverless principles, i.e., AWS Lambda or the Serverless framework.
- Exposure to Node.js.
- In addition to technical skills, a qualified AWS Senior Consultant must demonstrate the use of management skills (e.g. communications, time management, understanding sales process). The combination of technology skills and customer-facing competencies result in individuals that are capable of complex solution/business consulting. Senior AWS Consultants are expected to understand Enterprise Applications at a high-level, the application architectures delivering them, and their relationship to the under-pinning infrastructure. Similarly, some knowledge of application development is also beneficial.
- Bachelors degree or technical diploma in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent
- AWS Certified Solution Architect - Associate level (Professional level certification preferred
- AWS Certified Developer and/or SysOps Administrator an asset
- Other Cloud or technical certifications such as the following are also an asset:
- CompTIA Cloud+
- MCSE (Cloud Platform and Infrastructure preferred)
- VMware VCP
- Network or security certifications
- 10+ years of related work experience in the IT industry
- Minimum 2 years of experience developing AWS Cloud solutions e.g. migration assessments, designs, implementation
- Previous industry experience in solution development, pre-sales, consulting or client- facing technical roles
- Partnership or Consultative experience
- Experience in one or more of the following verticals: Healthcare, Finance, Government, Utilities, Transport or Insurance
AWS Consultant Duration
AWS Consultant Start Date
AWS Consultant Location